Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Blog Post #10: Course Reflection


This class has taught me so much. It’s hard to even imagine pre-TCF312 Lauren’s view on filmmaking. I’ve learned so much about how to properly use a camera and light a scene. I am much quicker at proper exposure now. Also, the videos we watched in class really inspired me. I didn’t know about the hierarchy on a film set before, either. That was interesting and very useful. I loved watching everyone’s film and giving each other feedback. It was super helpful. One of my films in this class was shown at Black Warrior Film Festival, too! After I tweaked it from the class’s feedback. The second major assignment, the scene assignment, had with it its own challenges. It was the largest crew I’ve ever worked with on a set and that was a really awesome experience. It was also cool to be just the cinematographer on Maggie’s shoots, not having to worry on anything but how the camera was capturing the scene.
Thank you guys for being awesome, supportive classmates. One of the main things I will take away from this class is confidence. I have more confidence in my abilities of camera work as well as camera functionality knowledge, editing, and communicating to a crew. I also am more confident that my own artistic ideas are received well by other people. Thank you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment